This document serves as your guide in using the Government Web Template (GWT) in WordPress. This is not a comprehensive manual on WordPress. It is assumed that the user has basic knowledge on WordPress or has undergone basic training on the Content Management System (CMS). This manual is organized based on the GWT’s basic parts. It discusses how to edit GWT widgets, add content, and customize the template from the top bar to the footer. Other technical details and WordPress administration features are not included here. There are two available versions:
- This User’s Manual: Government Web Template for Wordpress.pdf (4988 downloads) is guide for WordPress GWT P2 version 2.0 and above.
- This User’s Manual: Government Web Template for Wordpress.pdf (20293 downloads) is guide for WordPress GWT version 4.3 and below.
- More useful WordPress resources available at the iGovPhil Wiki site.
- Download WordPress
- Online manual for WordPress
- Backing Up Your WordPress Database
- Restoring your WordPress Database from Backup
Tips on securing and hardening WordPress:
- WordPress Codex – Hardening WordPress
- 11 Quick Tips – Securing Your WordPress Site by Avinash Zala M, December 3, 2011
- Improve your WordPress security with these 10 tips from the WooThemes Blog