The Integrated Government Philippines (iGovPhil) Program of the Department of Science and Technology will be receiving applications for digital certificates during this year’s celebration of the National Science and Technology Week (NSTW) at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City on 24-28 July 2015.
Subscribers can use the digital certificates to authenticate and sign electronic documents, and secure online transactions. The certificates are issued through the iGovPhil’s Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) service.
The PKI is also seen to enhance the Free Public WiFi project of the DOST’s Communications and Information and Technology Office (DOST-ICT Office), which is currently being pilot-tested in several public places in Quezon City and Manila. Digital certificates will enable faster and easier transactions and online payment not only in government but also in the private sector.
Members of iGovPhil’s Philippine National Public Key Infrastructure (PNPKI) team will be in one of the booths set up at the convention center from 8 am to 5 pm to accept the applications.
The DOST is celebrating the NSTW this year with the theme “Philippines: A Science Nation Innovating for Global Competitiveness.”
Applicants for digital certificates are required to bring a printout of a duly accomplished online form and a photocopy of a Unified Multipurpose Identification (UMID) compliant card. (Bring the original for verification).
In the absence of UMID-compliant card, ANY TWO of the following cards are allowed as valid ID’s based on BSP Circular 608 series of 2008:
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
- Social Security System (SSS) Card
- Senior Citizen Card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- OFW ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government Office and GOCC ID, e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP ID), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF ID)
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- Integrated Bar Of The Philippines ID
- Company IDs Issued by Private Entities or Institutions Registered with or Supervised or Regulated either by the BSP, SEC or IC.
Also bring the following:
- A passport size photo taken within the last six months
- Phone number (mobile and/or landline)
- Email address owned by the individual or authorized by the owner for use by the subscriber
- Latest copy of a bill showing the physical address of the applicant, where the PIN which will be used to activate a digital certificate shall be mailed; and
- Consent to verify the information submitted.
Note: Personal appearance before an RA officer for face-to-face verification is a mandatory requirement.
For questions and clarifications, please email Deomar Pedrosa at email@example.com or call him at (02) 920-0101 local 2622.